Regional Sales Manager (Europe)
Nippon Electro-Sensory Devices Corporation (NED) is Japan’s leading manufacturer of Line Scan Cameras. We are currently looking for a Regional Sales Manager for the European market, to be responsible for our overall sales activities in the whole of the European region, and other regions if required.
You will be required to travel abroad on average 3-6 times per year for 1-2 weeks each time, depending on current business requirements. Your customer-facing business will be conducted in English (or other European language, if applicable), while your day-to-day work in the office will be in Japanese.
- Develop NED’s European sales by working with distributors (channel sales) and end users (direct sales)
- Provide English-language support for NED’s overseas customers
- Organize NED’s participation in annual overseas trade fairs; coordinate marketing activities in overseas print and online publications
- Provide support to technical staff in dealings with overseas suppliers
- Maintain relationships with distributors in each market through regular visits and contact
- Establish new distributor relationships in new markets
- Increase European sales by supporting distributor sales efforts and through your own sales efforts
- Plan and execute an annual sales target and business plan for the European market
- Deal with incoming English-language sales and support enquiries
- Ensure that NED’s English-language materials(manuals, websites, marketing materials) are correct and up-to-date
- Other responsibilities relating to overseas activities as required
- Native-level English, Business-level Japanese (JLPT 2-kyu or better)
- 3 years’ previous sales experience, preferably in a technical field
- Scientific or engineering background is an advantage, but not a must
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally
NED Osaka head office or Tokyo sales office.
Initial employment location for training will be in Osaka head office. Possibility to transfer to Tokyo sales office after initial training depending on requirements.
Start date: ASAP
If you meet the above requirements, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please send your resume in PDF format and desired starting date to kaj[at]ned-sensor.com